3 of My Favorite Books

Reading has been on of my favorite past times, even as a little girl there was something about reading a really good book that just did something for me. Now I that I'm older I'd say it helps fulfill the part of me that yearns to travel the world. It takes me away from my reality and transports me into a whole other world where I feel what the characters feel and get to go on a new adventure with every book that I read. So when I was thinking about what I should post next I thought what would be better than giving you all a list of some of my favorite books. It's going to be hard to narrow down but hopefully I've done a good job at picking the best of the best from my reading list and pass them on to you. 

So here are my top 10 favorite books... (as of now lol)


1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice is considered a classic for a reason. I never had to read this for school, it wasn't until I was in my early 20s that I sat down and read it, but I'm glad it worked out that way because I don't think I'd have really appreciate Austen's work at a younger age. I've always considered myself an old soul so when I read this there was something about the values and chivalry within this story that spoke to me.

Mr.Darcy is a gentleman who is well read, intelligent, strong and silent that makes him a charming character while still giving off an air of arrogance and pride. He's socially awkward and keeps to himself which makes him seem rude to others, it's just one of him flaws. 

Elizabeth Bennett is a heroine that I'd love for my future daughter to look up to. She's intelligent, tough, and isn't afraid to stand up for herself and the people who matter most to her. She's a woman far ahead of her time and I think the same could be said about Ms. Austen herself. 

While Elizabeth and Mr.Darcy come from two totally different backgrounds they are similar in a lot of ways which is one of the reasons it takes them both so long to realize their feelings for each other. 

I love that this isn't your typical cliché romance where it's love at first sight or your typical alpha male rescues the damsel in distress. We get to see Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship go from loathing to respect and finally blossoming into love. While they can both be extremely stubborn and prideful it is the respect they have for each other that I admire the most. 

This is a book I've read more than once and I know without a doubt that I'll read it again. If you haven't real P&P yet I highly recommend it and if you have and don't get all the fuss surrounding it I would recommend giving it another try. 


2.Lovestruck series by Rachel Schurig

If you're looking for an easy read then this is the series for you. I initially checked this series out because the first book in the series was free on my IPad and after reading a brief summary on goodreads I thought it sounded like something that might interest me and I was not disappointed.
Lizzie Media was a character I could really connect with, from the overbearing family to the desire to visit London there was just so much about her that I could relate to. 

Lovestruck in London is the first book in the series and start off with grad student Lizzie heady to London with her best friend for nine months for a study abroad program. Much like myself Lizzie loves to read so going to a country with a rich history in literature she's uber excited. Another bonus to this time in London is being able to get away from her large overbearing family and use this time to discover who she is and break out of her shell. Her first night in London she goes on a night out with her best friend to the theatre to see a play where she meets up and coming movie star Thomas Harper and they have an immediate connection. Schurig does a good job of making the relationships between all the characters very believable. 

Lovestruck in Los Angeles and Lovestruck forever follow Lizzie and Thomas through the ups and downs of their relationship. Overall I like everything about this series and would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a light read about self discovery, love, and relationships. 

There is a novella that gives an update on Lizzie and Thomas as well as a fourth book in this series that follows the relationship between Lizzie's cousin and one of Thomas' co-stars. I haven't had the chance to read either but am planning to soon and have no doubt that I'll enjoy them just as much as I have the first three books and I'll be sure to write a review on them as soon as I read them. 


3. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks 
So I think I'm one of the few book lovers who has read every Nicholas Sparks book out there. In fact The Longest Ride was the first Nicholas Sparks book I ever read and I can completely understand why people love his work. I've see the all the movies that are based of his books but TRUST me when I say  the movies are no where near as amazing as the books!! I'm not someone who generally gets emotional when it comes to books and movies but I will admit that this book gave me all the feels and actually had me tearing up a time or two.

This book is the love story of two very different couples in North Carolina. The book start out with Ira who is 91 yrs old getting into a car accident. He lost control of his car went down an embankment and has sustained sever injuries and to top it all of the weather is bad (think cold enough for snow). He can't move and he's worried that no one is going to find him. Ira's wife, Ruth, passed away 9 years ago and while Ira sits in the car injured his wife appears in the seat next to him, encouraging him to fight to keep himself alive. As time passes they begin to relieve their time together, from their first meeting, to the first date, and all the way to their marriage. Together they remember the obstacles they faced during their time together from the good to the bad and everything in between. Their story was beautifully written and the love Ira has for Ruth was beautiful. 

The second couple is Luke and Sophia. Sophia is a college senior who after a bad break up is persuaded into joining her roommate for a weekend at the local rodeo where she meets PBR champ Luke Collins. Luke is nothing like the immature college boys Sophia is used to and despite all their difference begin a relationship. While Sophia has to figure out what to do once she graduates, Luke is keeping a huge secret from her. 

In the end Nicholas Sparks works his magic and in a surprising way brings these two couples together. 

Overall I was blown away by this book and recommend you get your hands on it as fast as you can if you haven't read it yet. 




So there you have it ladies and gents, three of my favorite books. I guess technically that was five books since I included two of the other books in the Lovestruck series, but that's okay. I had originally planned on making this my top 10 favorite books but after writing the first three I thought it might end up being too long if I kept going, but if you liked this post and want to read about some of my other favorite books then leave a comment letting me know and I'll be sure to get around to writing a follow up post. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket List

**Book Review** : The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

10 favorite movies